Friday, July 15, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies. I want them. I cannot stop eating them. Help me. I am hooked.


This is the only kind of cookie that I like as much as the dough. That's saying something. I L-O-V-E cookie dough. But these cookies...man. You'll just have to see for yourself. My mom prefers crispy cookies. She doesn't like soft, squishy cookies. I, on the other hand, would choose an under-baked, soft chocolate chipper 100 times over a crispy one. We have completely different tastes. Except this cookie, THIS special, delicious, wonderful cookie is magical. Because we BOTH love it. The crispy cookie connoisseur and the fat, fluffy cookie freak have found a common bond.


These cookies are like the traveling pants. They form sisterhoods and fit everybody's tastes. Trust me. Make them today.


Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from the Nestle Recipe)

Ingredients
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons butter, softened (I just nuke my butter in the microwave because I have no patience)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a larger bowl, beat together the butter, sugars, and vanilla extract until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, and beat well. Gradually add in the flour mixture and fold in the chocolate chips. Drop the cookie dough onto an ungreased baking sheet by rounded tablespoons. Tear the cookie dough tablespoons in half and plop one half on top of the other. This will help make fluffier cookies. Bake for 9-11 minutes and cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes after baking. Remove cookies from the baking sheet and place on a wire rack to cool completely or eat immediately! Enjoy!

Mix together the dry ingredients... 

Add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar/vanilla extract mixture...

Stir in your chocolate chips...

Tear your cookie dough tablespoons in half and place one half on top of the other!

YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment