Monday, July 11, 2011

An Excuse

Hello everybody! You may or may not have noticed the extreme lull in new posts recently. But wait! I have in an excuse! You see, I was on vacation. In the lovely, buggy state of North Carolina. Nestled high in the mountains with my trail mix (I mainly pick out the M&Ms) and sunscreen, it was practically paradise. And I have the pictures to prove it.
First off, I will start with something that was very far from paradise. It is called vegetable juice. Why would I EVER buy a juice made of vegetables, you ask? Well I was sort of hoping that it would slightly resemble the taste of this delicious Naked juice flavor. Ever tried it? It is delicious. Not a hint of spinach or celery or other vegetable crap. It sort of tastes like one of these.


But this juice, whew. Please do not buy it. Ever. Unless you enjoy the taste of blended celery and water. Then please, be my guest. Just please try and drink it as far away from me and the other normal people (just kidding. kinda.) as possible.

Okay, so, back to the paradise part. Let's start with the views. Can you top these?

This was during a drive. But still. 
View from the living room :)
Ahh, sigh. 

Let me go back now, thanks. 

And then there was the swimming hole. A perfect, private swimming hole. Straight out of a movie. Or the 1920s when swimming holes actually existed. 





There was originally a guy standing in this picture. Can you see where I cut him out?


And of course there was the nature. 




I'd say the only downfall of this vacation (besides, of course, the celery "juice"), filled with zip-lining and hiking and white-water rafting would be the noticeable lack of homemade, freshly churned ice cream. Instead, this necessity was replaced with a plethora of Hershey's brand ice cream. No kidding. See?



Crazy, right?

And then, of course, only in the South would you get gravy with your french fries. My Minnesotan brother was a bit shocked with this one :)


Alright, so enough pictures. Who wants to take me back?




No comments:

Post a Comment