Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Frozen Banana Milkshake

I never ever thought I would say this.
Whew. It's a little scary for me, but I think...
I think I might have OD'd on chocolate and butter and sugar yesterday.
And now I am craving,
*gasp*
healthy things.
I know, so crazy right?
You see, my friends and I got together yesterday and attempted to make cake balls.
Or attempted to eat them all. Whatever. Same thing, right? And amidst all the chocolate icing and vanilla buttercream frosting and chocolate sheet cake and vanilla cake I think I had a food baby. A really unhealthy, fat food baby made out of 3 cups of powdered sugar and heaping amounts of softened butter.

Those may or may not be little fruit snacks atop our cake balls. 

And then at breakfast today, I ate the leftovers. Actually, I ravenously inhaled the leftovers. Because my friends, the dear friends that they are, left all the icing and frosting and smooshy gooey cake remains in my refrigerator. Leaving no other option but to eat it all so that it would be out of my sight forever. I kid you not. And so now, I am craving healthy. Lentils and quinoa, my belly craves you. Turn my organs into healthy, working vitals again. Scrape them clean of melted butter and creamed sugar. Be a sweetheart and detoxify my liver. Thankfully, one of my favorite healthy treats during the summer is one that every food blogger has seen and possibly drooled over the simplicity of it. Banana soft-serve.


Now, I am aware that everybody has their own spin on this adaptable recipe, but I like to keep things simple. A frozen banana, some milk, vanilla extract, maybe a dash of cinnamon. Sometimes I'll throw in a little spinach or pumpkin to keep things exciting, but really, it all tastes delicious.



Frozen Banana Milkshake


Ingredients
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Throw everything into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
*Note: For a soft-serve "ice cream" texture, omit the milk and just blend the banana and vanilla.

Start with your frozen banana...

Add your milk and vanilla...

Plop it all in the blender (don't worry, it gets prettier!)...

And serve!

 Side note: I am making steamed carrots. I love steamed carrots. I also really really love that little steamer contraption.
You know, these little doodads? So cute.
I also love saying that I had steamed carrots. So much more sophisticated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment