Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mango Salsa

This title is a bit deceiving, because not only is this salsa stuffed with juicy mangoes (whenever I hear that phrase I always think of this movie), but it is also filled with plump kiwis and fresh cantaloupe. Can you tell that I am going a wee bit adjective-crazy today? Anyways, this salsa was delicious. Not spicy, but fresh and cool. Just how a summer dish should be. It could also pretty much complement anything you pair it with. We had it with soft-shell tacos, but I am drooling imagining it glistening over fresh fish or simply enjoyed with chips (we actually did try the latter. I was right. It was rather drool-worthy).

Hmm. I don't know why this came out vertically!
Mango Salsa


Ingredients
1 mango, cubed
1 kiwi, cubed
1/2 cup cantaloupe, cubed
4 mint leaves
zest of one orange, lime, or lemon
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

Directions
Mix everything, and serve it quickly!

Basically all you need to do is add everything to this!

Note: When I made this we were low on ingredients slash overall food, otherwise I would have recommended adding some red bell peppers, red onion, and basil or cilantro. Do this and tell me how it is! Or better yet, send me a taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment