Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes (Low-Fat)

As you may be able to tell, I have a thing for pancakes. What you may not know, however, is that I am a little bit obsessed with pumpkin. Okay, I lied. I am REALLY obsessed with pumpkin. I love it. Cannot get enough. Give me pumpkin muffins, bars, breads, whatever. Make it pumpkin and I am happy. These pumpkin pancakes are not to dissapoint. They are moist and fluffy, like little clouds of pumpkin pie.

Pumpkin Pancakes (adapted from Tasty Kitchen)
*This version only makes two servings!*

Ingredients
1 cup All-Purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cups pumpkin
1 egg
2 1/4 teaspoon applesauce
chocolate chips

Directions
In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients. In a smaller, separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Pour the mixture of the small bowl into the large bowl and whisk until just combined. Pour dollops onto a hot nonstick pan and put on desired amount of chocolate chips. Flip when bubbles form. Cook for a few more moments on the other side and serve!

The tester pancake :)

Put on your chocolate chips! I like a lot of them :)

Flip!

Top with bananas and syrup and enjoy!



2 comments: